Bamburgh Castle © Allan Marshall
Covers the Counties of Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland and Westmorland, Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Our main purpose is to acquire more resources for the Resource Centre, particularly those Parish Registers of interest to our members.
The mutual benefits of our group meetings are:-
• To share our wealth of local knowledge
• To help beginners with research in the area
• To share books, videos and DVDs
• To attend Presentations on Northern topics
• To organise voluntary indexing and transcribing for several Northern English Archives. Much of this work can be done at home
Our Group is an enthusiastic and friendly one. If you are a Family History Connections member, please come and join us.
We meet: 2.00pm, at the resource centre, 3rd Friday of the month, January to November (January 2021 meeting postponed to 22 January. Please contact convenor if not a current member of the groups as COVID-19 restrictions on numbers apply)
Convenor: Rosemary Allen (rallen[at]melbpc.org.au)
Northern Counties meetings
Keld, Upper Swaledale © John Morrison